Applied over porous substrates prior to Unitex Texture coating and is coloured to shade of Unitex Textured surface applied finish to hide substrate varying colours, and varying absorbency. Apply directly from pail. Coverage is 50-60m2 per pail. When touch dry follow with the complete, as specified, Unitex system.
Download the Unitex Render Brochure here.
Download the Unitex Render Usage & Installation Guide here.
Size: 15L pail
Coverage: 50-60m2 (depending on substrate absorbency)
Suitable for: All absorbent masonry surfaces
Apply with: Roller and Brush
Safe Use: Refer to the MSDS
Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer is a pigmented substrate coating and is based on acrylic co-polymers in a water emulsion specifically formulated for compatibility in the highly alkaline cement environment as a colour matching sealer.
Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer is applied to masonry rendered surfaces to provide colour uniformity to the subsequent Unitex® surface applied finishing coat.
Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer is supplied in ready-to-use 15L pails.
Approximate coverage per pail is 50-60m².
- Provide complete system in-situ sample for Architect and Builder approval
- Apply only onto clean, dry and well-bound masonry surfaces
- Mask up all adjoining surfaces, windows, and non-masonry works
- All mastic-filled expansion joints to be complete and dry prior to Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer application
- No cold joints – complete all areas floor to floor, and from control joint to control joint
Product Performance and Application
Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer is for exterior and interior use and offers resistance to early hydrolysis and rain penetration into the substrate, as well as protecting and adding colour to the base substrate. To reduce blushing through of the substrate, Unitex Uni-Substrate Sealer is the ideal solution.
Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer is compatible with all Unitex® acrylic renders and surface applied coatings.
When applying Unitex® Uni-Substrate Sealer please consider the following:
- Apply between 100C and 350C ambient temperature
- Allow 2 hour drying time before top coating in Summer, and 4 hours in Winter
- Generally 1 coat is required (or more if substrate is not fully sealed)
- Roller and spray applied
- Use water if thinning product is required, and in cleaning tools
- Slows the drying of the subsequent coat and to be a consideration when rain and cooler conditions is a possibility
Apply only after all renders, patching repairs and expansion joint mastic are dry and cured
||50-60m2 (depending on substrate absorbency)
||All absorbent masonry surfaces
||Roller and Brush
||Minimum 24 hours after application
||Refer to the MSDS