- If Unitex is specified on your site, first read and understand the Unitex Application Manuals.
- Involve your Unitex Technical Sales Representative from the beginning of your project.
- Have Unitex supplied colour, texture, and Uni-Shape® profile samples delivered to you for your client’s approvals.
- Use only Unitex recommended (and accredited) installers and applicators. Or have your preferred quality applicator undergo accreditation in Unitex products and systems.
- For CodeMark™ and BAL accredited Unitex® system (Unitex® Uni-Base Board™) accept nil product substitution, and have Unitex® measure & deliver all system components.
- Ensure regular expansion joints are installed in Render & Texture Systems, and EIFS Systems.
- Unitex Render & Texture Systems are slow drying and need to be protected from site, and other trade, damage.
- For your own security, use one manufacturer’s complete system, with nil substitution.
- Ensure you contact the Unitex Sales Manager in order to establish your own dedicated Unitex Technical Sales representative.
- Have your dedicated Unitex Technical Sales Representative provide a quote off your next plan.
- Become a recommended and accredited Unitex Accredited Applicator.
7 Points to remember when caring for your new Unitex rendered home:
- Due to the rough surface, cleaning of the surface at an early stage is often ineffective.
- Once the Unitex Applied Surface Finish is dry, it can be surface cleaned of airborne dusts etc with a light water hose wash. For a better clean, warm soapy water in a low pressure sprayer can be used once a year in Summer.
- Under no circumstances should the surface be rubbed (with a brush) or abraded.
- The Uni-Trowel Décor product can be over-coated at any stage with the Unitex Uni-Flex Membrane, or the Unitex Uni-PTC, in a light fast colour of your choice.
- A Uni-Flex membrane, or a Uni-PTC, coating is a high build flexible acrylic coating imparting a Matt effect to the wall surface.
- It is advised to not have garden sprayers, soil, or shrubs directly against the wall or above the damp coarse line.
- The above recommendation will help you in maintaining your Unitex Surface Applied Finish at its best.