Designed for application over difficult substrates as primary key coat. The strongest adhering render in the range.
Requires the addition of 5-10% cement (drill mixed) into the Unitex Polymer Render just prior to use, which aids in faster cure and setting. Coverage for key coating is approximately 8-10 m2 per pail.
|Product size:||20litre pails|
|Substrate suitability:||New Bricks, Old Bricks, Cement Block|
|Application tools:||Spray or Trowel|
|Dry time:||Minimum 72 hours after application, and ensure fully cured before overcoated with Unitex Texture|
|Safe Use:||Refer to the MSDS|
Size: 15L pail
Suitable for: 15L Pail – Painted Brick, New & / or Old Brick,
In-situ Concrete (Rough), Fibrous-Cement Sheeting
Apply with: Trowel
Safe Use: Refer to the MSDS
Unitex® Polymer Render is a trowel-applied acrylic filling and levelling compound, suitable for application on dry, non-porous and difficult surfaces. Unitex® Polymer Render is also used for patching, levelling, skim coating and restoration of damaged surfaces. Unitex® Polymer Render is the strongest adhering render available from the Unitex® range of speciality render products.
Unitex® Polymer Render is designed for use over FRC sheeting as a levelling preparation skim coat and is trowel applied prior to over coating with Texture from the Unitex Applied Finishes range.
Unitex® Polymer Render is supplied in 15 litre sealed pails and is drill mixed (Ribbon Blade) with 5-10% cement added immediately prior to its application. Unitex® Polymer Render is also available in ready-to-use 19kg bags, see mixing guide below for consistent quality.
Approximate coverage per pail or bag is 8-10m² (over reasonably level FRC sheeting).
Direct from the pail, Unitex® Polymer Render can be used internally up to a depth of 3 mm and externally up to a depth of 5 mm. Adding 5-10% cement allows for greater depths of patching and rendering. Added cement amount may vary to allow for faster setting and rain proofing time.
Once the Unitex® Polymer Render is on the wall it must be trowel finished with speed immediately, as this type of modified render tends to dry from the surface first. Unitex® Polymer Render is not recommended for application where coating thicknesses greater than 5 mm are required.
Note: All Unitex® Render products are designed to be over coated with a Unitex® Applied Texture and two coats of Uni-Flex PTC™.
Condition of Substrate
The substrate surface must be dry, cleaned free of any grease, oils, scaling laitance, efflorescence, form-oil compounds, mould, fungi, rust, dirt, dust or any other foreign matter.
It is the responsibility of the Builder or Head Contractor to make good any substrate before the render is applied.
Adequate expansion joints are required to minimise cracking on the surface of the render. Location of the expansion joints is also the responsibility of the Builder or Head Contractor. Unitex® recommends expansion joints to every elevation and between different substrates, to allow for building movements and or stresses. Ideally, expansion joints should be at all penetrations to wall surface.
If such expansion joints are not provided by the Builder or Head Contractor, cracking due to movement of the substrate may occur. This is in no way indicative of faulty material. Rather it indicates sub-standard building practice.
Unitex® Polymer Render:
- Trowels on easily, smoothly and thinly
- Is the strongest render in the Unitex Renders Range
- Is more waterproof than conventional render
- Ideal for patching, levelling, skim coating and restoration of damaged surfaces
- Ideal for FRC sheeting
- Just add 5-10% cement (15ltr pail)
- Just add water (19kg bag)
Step-By-Step Instructions for FRC Sheet
- Apply the mixed Unitex® Polymer Render to the sheet gaps and embed the pre-cut (50 mm) Uni-Mesh (alkaline resistant). Allow to dry fully before step (2).
- Skim coat with Unitex® Polymer Render over whole of FRC Sheet surface with a steel or perspex trowel to a depth of approximately 2-3 mm. If studs behind the sheet are uneven then use Unitex® Polymer Render a little thicker to feather out the worst of the unevenness.
- When the Unitex® Polymer Render is through dry and cured for minimum 48 hours, in temperate conditions, overcoat with any of the Unitex® range of applied finishes (eg Uni-Trowel Décor, Uni-Roll Décor).
- The system requires the above (when through dry) to be over coated (by roller) with one coat of Uni-Flex Membrane (wet 011, or Dry 811) at a rate of approximately 2m² per litre or two coats of Uni-PTC (Unitex® Protective Top Coat 111).
Adding Cement (15ltr Pail)
Activation of Polymer Render in 15ltr pail is required. To activate Unitex Polymer Render, mix 5-10% cement immediately prior to application. Add the cement to the bucket with vigorous drill mixing to ensure a lump free required slump.
Note: If less than full bucket required, empty amount required into another pail and activate. When polymer render is activated, there is a limited (weather dependant) time to apply.